Seven Reason To Believe In God!
Does God exist?
That is the ageless question that has been pondered, questioned, debated and argued through the ages.
Our five senses would tell us there is no God. We can’t see Him, we can’t hear him, we can’t touch Him, we can’t smell Him and we can’t taste Him. So if one is looking for an easy out, the five senses would be a good place to start.
Obviously, there is no empirical evidence to prove the existence of God. Yet, throughout history men have offered rational explanations for the existence of God.
Here are seven reasons to believe in God!
Thomas Aquinas offered five arguments for the existence of God, but we will only use three of those arguments for now.
1. The Unmoved Mover: The motion in our universe was caused by an unmoved mover. Motion just didn’t come about; it had someone or something to put it into motion.
2. The First Cause: Someone or something had to be the cause of everything, and it must be uncaused. To get to where we are, something had to start the process, and whatever started it was uncaused.
3. The Teleological: Unintelligent objects are order by an intelligent being. There is an intelligent Being to all unintelligent objects.
4. Rene Descartes argued that since man has some sort of an idea of God, God must exist. Descartes believed the existence of God was an obvious and self-evident truth.
5. Creation is another reason to believe in God. The universe is so massive and large, and yet it is all balanced, intricate and in order. It is fine tuned for the existence of life on earth. Such as massive and complex universe demands a Creator. Order does not come from chaos or begin in a pool of mud!
6. Life is the sixth reason to believe in God? Life didn't begin in some primordial soup. An understanding of the complexity of the human body should solve that dilemma. Life has to come from life. God is that life that gives life to all things.
7. A biblical point of view on the existence of God suggests human reasoning is limited at best, and must rely upon Biblical truth. The Bible offers no arguments for the existence of God, but rather it just assumes His existence. So Genesis 1:1 simply and eloquently says, “In the beginning God…” No rational explanation, no human reasoning, and no debating the issue, just simply in the beginning God… In fact, the Bible says, "The fool says in his heart there is no God." Psalms 14:1(Seven Reasons To Believe The Bible)
God wants all men to know Him, and He gladly and lovingly reveals Himself to those who seek Him. So it's not the lack of evidence of God that keeps men doubting; it's the ignoring and the denying of evidence that keeps men doubting the existence of God!
Romans1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness. NKJV ( Emphasis TheSeventhFile.com)
He is the Unmoved Mover, the First Cause and the Intelligence behind everything. He is the life that gives life. He is the Obvious and Self-Evident Truth. He is God and God alone!
For More Reasons