Seven Reasons To Believe The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ!
1. The Empty Tomb - Three days after the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, Peter and John found the tomb empty. If the Jews wanted to stop the uprising of the Christian faith all they had to do was produce the dead body of Jesus Christ, but they didn't - they couldn't because Jesus arose! John 20:1-10, Mark 16: 1- 8. Also, if the apostles wanted concoct a story of Jesus' resurrection they would not have dared to start the story in Jerusalem. For if they did, they would have been laughed right out of town. Yet, because Christ arose, Christianity has its roots in Jerusalem.
2. The Tomb Was Guarded – A Roman Guard was set over the tomb to make sure no one came and stole the body away on the third day, and if the guard failed to do the job they faced the possibility of death. Mathew 27: 62-66, Mathew 28: 11- 15
3. Post Resurrection Appearances - Jesus appeared to Mary, the twelve disciples two times and to over five hundred people after His resurrection. John 20: 11 – 29, I Corinthians 15: 1 - 7
4. Jesus Prophesied His Resurrection –Jesus said in John 2: 19- 22 Destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up. John 11:25 Jesus said I am the resurrection and the life. Mathew 16:21 And suffer many things … and be killed and be raised on the third day.
5. A 97% chance it did happen – See video at 38:25
6. The Skeptics Accept The Minimal Facts – Watch the video: Resurrection Meets Skepticism by Dr. Gary Habermas
7. God Will Reveal It –God will reveal the truth of the resurrection and of the gospel of Jesus Christ to those who want to know the truth. II Corinthians 4: 3- 6 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. KJV