What if the Bible is true? Watch the video starting at 41:57 - 44:55!
Seven Reasons To Believe The Bible!
The Bible, like no other book, has survived such scrutiny and attack! The constant war against the Bible has left many skeptical and some doubting the authority of the Bible.
Maybe you are questioning the authority, and are wavering on the validity of the Bible. If so, there are reasons to believe the Bible. You don’t have to feel ashamed or bad about your doubt. You are not the first, and you surely won’t be the last to fight the battle.
Don’t give up on the Bible; it is the Word of God! Here are seven reasons not to give up and to believe the Bible:
1. The Battle to Destroy: Throughout the ages, even today, those who fight the hardest against the Bible are often those who want nothing to do with God, religion and the Bible. Many times, if they had their way, they would ban and destroy the Bible. They want nothing to do with it, and would seek to destroy your freedom to read the Bible. Things haven’t changed, in times past, they banned the Bible, sought to destroy it and did all they could to undermine it! Yet it still stands today!
Besides, if the Bible is so untrue, why do they hate it so fiercely? Why the disdain? Why the contempt? What are they afraid of? If the Bible is just a book to them, they have nothing to worry about! It’s just a book! They don’t argue against other ancient writings with such hatred or seek to ban and destroy those writings, so why the Bible? So what if it makes phony allegations and tells distorted lies? All the more reason to leave it alone and let it die! If it is of man it will come to nothing, but if it is of God, you cannot overthrow it, lest you even be found to fight against God! Acts 5:39 NKJV
2. Manuscripts: There are many more manuscripts of the Bible than any other ancient writing of Plato, Aristotle and Socrates. Yet, the writings of Plato, Aristotle and Socrates are never in doubt, but the Bible is under constant scrutiny. The copies, manuscripts and fragments of the Bible are consistent and reliable. They offer more validity and trust than any other ancient writing. (See the video starting at 9:08)
3. Eye Witness Accounts: Much of the New Testament was written within one hundred years after the death of Jesus Christ. Some of its writings were within twenty to fifty years after the death of Christ. The eye witness accounts in Paul’s writing can be narrowed down to with two or three years after the death of Christ. (Watch Video Here) In contrast, many of the historical accounts of other men in history were written well over a hundred to even hundreds of years after the fact. (See the video starting at 13:09)
4. Prophecy: There are over 300 prophecies in the Old Testament about the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, all of which are confirmed in the New Testament, and some are even confirmed by other ancient sources outside of Christianity such as Josephus, Phelgon and others.
5. Archeology: While archeology can’t prove the Bible is the Word of God, it does help support the truth of the Bible, and there are thousands of finds that do just that. It seems the more archeologists dig, the more evidence in support of the Bible is unearthed.
Some recent finds and discoveries include:
The Pool of Siloam
A house in what was known as Nazareth – Critics didn’t believe
town existed before the time of Christ, but the finding suggest
The home of Peter in Capernaum
6. Unity: The bible was written by more than 40 different writers over a period of 1,500 years, and in all 66 books of the Bible one theme is clear: the salvation of man through Jesus Christ. From Genesis to Revelations, from creation to eternity, the Bible is God’s story to bring all of man in relationship with Him through His son, Jesus Christ.
7. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ: If the resurrection of Jesus Christ happened, and it did, the authority of God’s Word, the Bible, is relevant for our lives today. (Watch Video Here!) The crux of Christianity is based upon the resurrection of Christ. Without the resurrection we are most miserable, but because of the resurrection we can trust the Bible as the Word of God, for the central theme of the Bible is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. (See the video starting at 38:25 for a discussion on the resurrection!)
John 2:22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said these things unto them, and they believed the scripture and the word which Jesus had said. NKJV
Psalms 119:89 Forever, O Lord, your Word is settled in Heaven.
Psalms 119: 160 The entirety of Your Word is truth, and every one of your righteous judgments endure forever.